Community-Led, Human Rights-Based Solutions to Climate-forced Displacement—A Guide for Funders outlines key issues related to climate-forced displacement, human rights, and funding, and calls upon funders to support community-led, human rights-based solutions. During this webinar, the panelists will provide background on the issue of climate-forced displacement as it relates to climate justice and human rights, discuss some of the main findings and recommendations from the guide for funders, and highlight the critical role of funding grassroots and Indigenous communities in climate justice work. There will be ample time for questions and discussion in the second half of the webinar.
Hosted by HRFN’s Environmental Justice, Climate Change and Human Rights Working Group, and co-sponsored by Climate Justice Resilience Fund (CJRF), Environmental Grantmakers Association (EGA), EDGE – Engaged Donors for Global Equity, Grassroots Climate Solutions Fund, and Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC).
Moderator: Heather McGray, Director, Climate Justice Resilience Fund
- Amber Moulton, PhD, Researcher, Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
- Salote Soqo, Senior Program Leader Environmental Justice & Climate Action, Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
- Hilda Vega, Director, Grassroots Climate Solutions Fund, Thousand Currents
- Community-Led Human Rights-Based Solutions to Climate-Forced Displacement
- How Community Philanthropy Shifts Power
- Gender and Climate Change Policy Brief: Gender and Climate Finance
- Gender and Climate Change: Asia and the Pacific
- Overview of Linkages Between Gender and Climate Change (Policy Brief #1)
- Impact of Livelihood Recovery Initiatives on Reducing Vulnerability to Human Trafficking and Illegal Recruitment: Lessons from Typhoon Haiyan
- Gender and Climate Change-induced Migration: Proposing a Framework for Analysis
- Our Voices, Our Environment: The State of Funding for Women’s Environmental Action
- Climate Justice & Women’s Rights: A Guide to Supporting Grassroots Women’s Action