The Human Rights Funders Network and Foundation Center recently launched the first-ever five-year trends analysis in our Advancing Human Rights: Knowledge Tools for Funders Initiative, which maps the landscape of global human rights grantmaking. Join us on February 14, 2018 in San Francisco, as we celebrate the launch of this multi-year undertaking and reflect on where the field has been and where it is going.
This daylong event, co-sponsored with Foundation Center, will convene funders to explore ongoing trends and challenges in human rights funding. The launch event will give attendees the chance to learn and discuss how human rights funding has changed, while exploring ideas on where it will go and the strategies to help it get there.
- Funders are informed about recent trends in human rights philanthropy, gain familiarity with the research tools, and identify ways to use the research to advance their work.
- Funders reflect on and analyze key shifts in the human rights funding landscape by putting recent trends into context and sharing related grantmaking strategies moving forward.
- Funders build connections for future collaborations and more collaborative decision-making and/or effective philanthropic advocacy.
Foundation Center West, 312 Sutter Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108
REGISTRATION AND COST
Please register here. Space is limited. Registration costs $100 and includes coffee, snacks, lunch, and reception.
A special thanks to Lesley Carson (Program Director, International Human Rights, Wellspring Philanthropic Fund) and Caitlin Stanton (Director of Partnerships, Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights) for their wonderful guidance in planning this event!
*Please note: this is a draft agenda subject to changes. To share information about this event, a PDF version is available here. HRFN enforces a strict no-soliticitation policy. For questions, please contact Rebecca Landy, HRFN Program Manager for Engagement.
This event has passed. Resources from the event:
- Key Takeaways: 10 Strategic Recommendations for Funders
- Advancing Human Rights: Trends in Global Foundation Grantmaking Infographic
- Working with Intermediaries: Global Grant Making through Partner Organizations
- Supporting Inclusive Movements: Funding the Rights of Women with Disabilities
- Funding Available for Human Rights Defenders
- Standing Firm: Women- and Trans-Led Organisations Respond to Closing Space for Civil Society
- Rights Eroded: A Briefing on the Effects of Closing Space on Women Human Rights Defenders
- Hearts & Minds: The untold story of how philanthropy and the Civil Marriage Collaborative helped America embrace marriage equality