Vibrant Yet Under-Resourced: The Global State of Lesbian, Bisexual, and Queer Movements
We’re excited to invite you to join Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice and Mama Cash in a discussion of the findings of their new report “Vibrant Yet Under-Resourced: The State of Lesbian, Bisexual, and Queer Movements” on Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 10:00 AM ET/ 4:00 PM CEST/ 5:00 PM EAT.
The webinar and report will include specific recommendations for donors interested in learning how best to support the valuable and vital work of LBQ communities, based on the needs and priorities identified by activists, and on the funding strategies shared by public and private foundations, women’s funds and other intermediaries.
• Mariam Gagoshashvili, Senior Program & Advocacy Officer, Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice
• Chantelle de Nobrega, Programme Officer for Body, Mama Cash
• Ghiwa Sayegh, Editor in Chief, Kohl: a Journal for Body and Gender Research
• Silvia Casalino, Executive Co-Director, EuroCentralAsian Lesbian Community (EL*C)
• Mukami Marete, Co-Executive Director, UHAI EASHRI
• David Sampson, Deputy Director, Baring Foundation
• Nevin Oztop, Programme Associate, Oak Foundation
Moderator: Ana María Enríquez, Executive Director, Human Rights Funders Network
Hosted by Global Philanthropy Project and co-sponsored by PAWHR, Prospera, Ariadne, HRFN and EDGE, funders will learn how to respond as LBQ organizers often do, with intersectional organizing mechanisms and collective care approaches.