2018 HRFN Global Conference
Reimagining Human Rights: New Energy for a New Era
On the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, a dramatically shifting world order presents profound challenges for the human rights community. With the rise of right-wing governments and the breakdown of democracies and democratic freedoms, activists and funders have recalibrated and refocused in response, experimenting with new strategies and forging unlikely partnerships that are yielding promising results. Grounded in the context of Mexico and the Latin America region, the conference will profile efforts that are succeeding and challenge our community to fundamentally rethink how we make change in these times.
The 2018 Conference will feature:
- Plenary sessions – organized by HRFN and the Conference Advisory Committee – that advance a set of ideas, engage civil society, and elevate the context of Mexico and the Latin America region
- Specialized tracks to dig deeper on grantmaking strategy, connect across silos, and discuss critical challenges across issue areas and regions. Conference attendees will be encouraged to sign up for one of four conference tracks, a valuable opportunity to inspire funders with new actions to take forward.
- Monday, October 15 (afternoon): Institute on Participatory Grantmaking & Pre-Conference Meetings
- Tuesday, October 16 (morning) – Thursday, October 18 (mid-day): Full Conference
- Thursday, October 18 (afternoon) – Friday, October 19: Community Events
Preview our full conference agenda and learn more about conference sessions and speakers.
Venue: Fiesta Americana Reforma
Paseo de la Reforma 80, Cuauhtémoc, Juárez, 06600 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Hotel information, including accommodations near the conference venue, is available here.
Want to be a “Champion” of our first global conference? We invite you to sponsor our Mexico City conference! Please contact Jenna Capeci, HRFN Deputy Director, to discuss opportunities to show your support.
Registration is now closed. Please join the waitlist via EventBrite to be contacted if space becomes available.
Please note: Refunds will only be issued for requests made via EventBrite or directly to HRFNMEX2018@hrfn.org on or before Friday, September 14.