Climate justice and racial justice are deeply interconnected. We will encourage funders to collaborate with Global South and climate justice funders to push human rights philanthropy towards climate action. We believe in centering Indigenous communities and other land defenders, and that we must shift towards systems that regenerate rather than destroy. This area of work is likely to be developed and expanded in 2023-2024.
ReportS, Publications & stories
- The climate crisis needs a feminist response, not a military one (Yifat Susskind, MADRE)
- Soil to Sky: Climate Solutions that Transform (CLIMA Fund)
- Closing Civil Society Space: What Environmental Funders Need to Know (Funders' Initiative for Civil Society)
- Community-Led, Human Rights-Based Solutions to Climate-Forced Displacement: A guide for funders (Unitarian Universalist Service Committee)
- What The Water Brings: Lessons on Funding Young Feminist Activism on Climate and Environmental Justice (FRIDA)