Hosted by Asia Justice Coalition
For the Rohingya Genocide Commemoration, USCB, BROUK, GJC, and UUSC will bring together a panel on the eve of the Rohingya Genocide. The event will serve as a remembrance for those lost during the 2017 genocide, as well as for the people of Burma who continue to endure under the Burmese junta’s rule. The panel will engage in discussions regarding the existing policies and provisions that remain unimplemented or underutilized. Moreover, the steps that need to be taken by the international community, including the U.S. administration, will be outlined for the future. Updates from the ICJ and Argentinian cases will also be shared. This moment represents a call for solidarity, aiming to foster unity and mutual support while progressing towards an inclusive democratic Burma.
- Akila Radhakrishnan (President, Global Justice Center)
- Tun Khin (President, Burmese Rohingya Organisation UK)
- Tom Andrews (UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Myanmar)
- Naw Hser Hser (Women’s League of Burma)
- Rachel Gore Freed (UUSC) – Moderator