The “Defenders Exchange on Development Finance” from 28 April-1 May 2024 in Tbilisi, Georgia will bring together human rights defenders and advocacy groups engaging on development finance and civic space issues.
Through information-sharing, capacity building, and strategic planning activities, this meeting will be an opportunity to strategize together on how to:
– press development financiers to address risks to human rights defenders;
– push back against shrinking space for civil society and public participation.
During the gathering, participants will:
– strategise on ways to advance our collective agenda, reflecting on the achievements so far and setting objectives for the next years;
– exchange tools, skills and resources for gaining access to information, influencing development activities and addressing security risks for defenders;
– share experiences around specific development projects and development-related human rights issues;
– discuss risk analysis and protection strategies, in the context of development projects;
– identify key advocacy and capacity-building opportunities, and a plan for concrete activities going forward.
The expected outcomes will be:
– increased linkages between advocacy groups and human rights defenders
– stronger coordination at the global level;
– a joint plan on how to go forward over the next few years.
Register before 15 February 2024.